My Facebook Status

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Home is coming together

Today I spent the day in Masaka and was able to get my internet fixed and pick up some basic items and groceries. Upon arriving home I walked to my carpenter's and found my sofa outside. My carpenter delivered the sofa (on the back of a boda, while he was sitting on the sofa). I have given him a deposit on a coffee table and expect it to be done in 3 days. After that only a bookshelf remains.

When I arrived at the school's compound I found that they had delivered another bed for my home as well. Last Friday my director told me he would be getting me another bed "to avoid scandals." Actually fits in the kitchen opposite the sofa kind of well.

One of the instructors who helped bring the bed in asked me about my Clemson flag on the wall and my pictures. I went through all my pictures and as he was leaving noticed a ton of moths had flown in, attracted to my light bulb, while we were talking. After about 10 minutes of cooking / chasing moths I had an idea. I turned out the lights, lit two candles and decided I would let them commit suicide while I ate dinner.

Expecting to post pictures of the home within a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment