High(s):
Meeting the Everett sisters, running into a bunch of random friends, and making progress in talking sense into my organization.
My counterpart resigned (my Ugandan equivalent of a partner / co worker), this could be a good thing in the long run, but is disappointing in the short term.
Uganglish Annoyance of the Week:
"Well be back."
This is the equivalent of welcome back. It isn't hard to understand, but serves as a reminder as that even though I have returned to the place I "live," I am far from home.
What I Accomplished:
It looks like my organization is going to adopt two simple reports that report actual status of the organization and how they are progressing against established goals. I've gotten behind in next weeks reports to them because of some actual work with other volunteers and some play. I'm not too optimistic right now because I've learned my organization will pretend to do things just to appease me in the short term.
What Is On The Agenda:
Finish filling out a basic status report for my org, and then build a large scale cost control and estimating report based on realistic expectations of growth, revenue, and spending.
Luganda Exercise of the Week:
Awo
(There) This one is very simple, but I haven't used it a lot in the past and after just a week I am finding it very very useful.
Observation of The Week:
It is amazing how much more my body hurts after a day of half-ass manual labor than after an intense and targeted workout.
Sanity Meter:
My sanity has been completely refreshed by my trip to America and my slowly resuming normal activities here.
Book(s) I'm Reading:
I FINISHED THE FOUNTAINHEAD!!!! It took me a while for several reasons, I was busy, I was in America, the font is small, the book is big, and when I got to the end of a chapter I didn't feel like reading another, I felt proud and satisfied that I had finished a chapter.
That said, it was one of the most beautiful and thought provoking books I've ever read.
Currently reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I'm on pace to be done with the books prior to the final movie installment coming out, which means watching it in the theater with other PCVs.
"I love these cargo pockets, they can fit a phone, my keys, literally anything smaller than the pockets"
-Christy Prouty
No comments:
Post a Comment